Thursday, September 22, 2016

Finger Lakes Fiber Festival

On September 17th, I took a trip to the Hemlock Fairgrounds for the Finger Lakes Fiber Festival.  I'd never been to a fiber festival so I wasn't entirely sure what I'd find there...but I was hoping to come home with some gorgeous wool roving for my needle-felting projects.

Scenes From The Festival
I was pleasantly surprised to find two barns and a tent full of vendors, some cute animals, demos and lots of gorgeous scenery.

There was a beautiful display in one of the barns of the entrants to the 2016 Skein & Fiber Arts Competition.

Skein & Fiber Arts Competition
And there was a lot of yarn, wool roving, tools, clothing, handcrafted toiletries and more for sale...

Beautiful Things For Sale

Roving, Locks and Wheels
In the Fiber Tent, I got to meet Ann of Nyala Farm.  Ann makes wonderful needle-felted pieces.  I LOVED the Medusa sculpture! 

Nyala Farm
Fleece competition and where fleece comes from...
Fleece Competition 
And here's what I came home with.  Some pretty bits for needle-felting, multi-needle holders, a cute felted hummigbird (it's a gift), and a fiber fest pin (I collect pins).




I have no idea what I'll make with any of it, but discovery is half the fun!

Happy Felting!

6 comments :

  1. I just recently attended MY first fibre festival in Almonte ON, Canada. Like yours it was a treasure trove of all things fibre and more. I came home with things I never expected to purchase. My first needle felting starter kit, vintage buttons (who knew there are Button Societies.?) and tons of ideas. What a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are button societies? I hope I can find one in my area! I have sooooooo many vintage and antique buttons!

      Delete
    2. foudn these links hope they help you find like minded members
      http://www.nerba.org/Home.html
      https://www.facebook.com/NationalButtonSociety

      Delete
  2. Thanks for coming out! We're delighted you found some goodies to take home and have crazy fun with! See you next year!
    Robin at Nistock Farms

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!!! I have never been to a wool fest and now I NEED to go!! love that little man felted piece he was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!!! I have never been to a wool fest and now I NEED to go!! love that little man felted piece he was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.